torek, 26. marec 2013

A new life by Lavra

MOVING TO AMERICA
It’s already been a month since I moved from Slovenia to NYC. I remember how nervous I was, when I got on the plane. I was also very excited and happy because I knew I was starting a new life there. It had been quite a big change for me, because I've lived in Slovenia my whole life and New York is very different. It’s a lot bigger and busier and louder. I live in a nice, small flat near the Central Park, so I can hear the busy traffic all day and night.
I still don’t know many people here and I feel a bit lonely. The only people I know are a few of my neighbours and my boss. I work in a small comic bookstore near my home. It’s right at the end of the street. Inside, there are hundreds of shelves and stands filled with old and new comic books. There are also some action figures for sale in the corner. I spend a lot of time reading the comic book because there’s not many costumers during the day. Most of them come in the evening.
Every morning, I go jogging in the Central Park. The first time I went there, I couldn’t believe how bit it was. There are so many trees and small paths leading the way between them. I almost got lost there one time. In the middle of the park, there’s a big lake. It’s beautiful. I can’t wait until summer, so I can spend hot days near the lake and dip my feet in the water.
I moved to New York full of expectations and dreams and they all came true, so I’m very happy here. I rarely miss home, though I will never forget it.
Lavra Debeljak,9.a

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar