sreda, 25. januar 2012

January challenge

This month's task was to write a thank you letter to an elderly aunt who usually gives rather unusual Christmas presents. The idea is from a book Writing Games by Charles and Jill Hadfield.


Dear aunt!
It was a sunny Friday when I saw the postman coming towards our house. I went out and saw a nice box. The postman sad »Your aunt sent you a present.« I was surprised when I heard this. I said thank you and goodbye to postman and I ran back to house and open it. I can ´t explain how happy I was when I saw the gift so I want to say thank you for it. This dustpan and a small broom are really cool and I enjoy using them. It is so funny to sweep the kitchen. I sweeped our living room and bathroom too.
I didn´t expect you to send me a present like this, but I know I will use it in the future and I´m sure that our house will always be clean.
Lenart Megušar

Dear aunt,
I want to write you a little note to thank you for the lovely picture you gave to me. I have it on the wall in our living room, and everyone looks at this picture. It's fascinating. I look at it every day and I know how much I miss you. Thank you again. You could not have picked out anything more perfect.
Anže Koblar

Dear aunt!
I am so gratefull, that you could come to our family dinner. It was great, wasn’t it? But the highlight of the night for me was of course the presents. When I opened yours, I found a book called Teach Yourself Latin. I love your gift, because I planed to learn Latin and next year we have the subject of it in school. So, I’m very thankful for your gift, it will help me a lot. Thanks!
Urška Mavrič

Dear aunt!
I want say thank you for the book that you sent me for Christmas, but I don't understand its title. A Short History of the Roman Empire? Short? I think that book with 150 pages is anything more than short. Even though I hate history I will try to read it. Maybe it is interesting and educational. But on the other way it will be nice to have it on my shelf. But on the other way I may have an exam or homework about the Roman Empire. I was realy surprised when I got this book but also very happy that you are thinking about me. But next time I would like to get a book about crime or a love story.
Klara Kovačič

Dear aunt,
I am writing to you because I would like to thank you for your Christmas gift. Immediately after Christmas I hung the light in my room and everybody said that is wonderful. At the beginning I was disappointed with your gift. You were a bit sad because at the beginning I didn’t like your gift. After I hung the light in the room I liked it very much. So thank you again for the gift. I hope you also liked my gift.
yours Eva Oblakovič

Dear aunt,
the karate book that you sent me was a stupid present, that I don´t need. When I saw it, I was rather disappointed. Next year you can give me anything else and I will be happy.
Anže Jemec

Dear aunt,
Thank you for a great surprise - a VASE. I love this thing becouse I am a gardner. It is very nice with many flowers in it. It is a really nice match with my colourful flowers. I think that is a very very nice and unique gift for me.
Now I am thinking what can I give you. Maybe you are a cook so I can buy you knives. Maybe you are a soldier so I can buy you a gun, or you are just an ordinary person who is very humble and you doesn't want anything. I will try my best to please you.
But I anyway will send you a gift. I know something perfect and just for you.
Best wishes,
Andrej Bergant

Dear aunt,

I'm writing you about present. This year you sent me a trumpet. I hate
it but I didn't throw it in the trash. Of course I appreciate that you haven't
forgotten about me. Next year I would like a little money. With that I
will buy a lot of things I don't have.
Your favourite nephew
Jure Debeljak

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar